Kids

Kids

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Life

"When I get home, I'm going to teach my new turtle how to talk"
This is what happens when your 10 yr. old daughter watches Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with her older brother.


Elise: Can I have a snack?
Me: Sure, something small.
She had a sandwich, then spinach with more meat on top of it. She then said she was still hungry and needed more. This was after a lunch of noodles and chips, and chicken. How can she eat like that and look like that?! 
 
 Just because something isn't against the laws of the lands doesn't mean it's right. -wisdom from my 15 year old son
 
 I adore the fact that Elise watches Sesame Street, Cat in the Hat and Curious George and answers all their questions.
 
 A different perspective...Yesterday I was talking with Elise and Peter and the subject of money came up. I told them we're not rich and Peter interrupted very quickly that yes we are! He started naming off the reasons we are (material possessions) and you know what? He's right. We are rich, especially to two children who haven't had much until they came to America.
 
 Peter set a record today for the long jump in his age group at camp today!!! The boys said 5 yards. Eric and I aren't sure if that's quiet accurate but we're SO proud of him!!!! We heard the coaches were trying to recruit him!
 
 Things I've learned in the last 24 hours of being a mom:
1. When you phone rings at 12:20, don't get giddy because you think your 'new baby' needs you to come pick her up from her first sleepover. She asked to stay longer in the morning.
2. If your 15 yr old packs a bag as he goes to Bible study because he's confident someone will invite him over for the night, believe him.
3. When you say "make wise choices" to 13 yr old boys, you clearly mean something different than they understand. I meant go to bed at a reasonable hour. They heard stay up all night until mom got up at 5:30 to go to the bathroom, scared them out of their minds and told them to go to bed now! I'm sorry Karri
4. Getting a text about your sweet 13 yr old girl makes your sleep much better. Until you wake up to 13 yr old boys. 😉
5. They do grow up and actually want to soend time with you!
6. God is amazing, simply amazing.

 Yesterday and today I read two posts from different people (who do not know each other) that just stopped me in my tracks. Countless moms hurting. And all because of the church. The church! Their families are not welcomed into church because their families are considered different. First of all, it's not our church. It's God's. We've got to remember that. My heart broke as I read of an adopted daughter being ridiculed by a youth pastor, a family being told the church didn't have the resources to help them. They don't have the resources to help them?? Then you find the resources. Our churches are the doctors offices for those hurting in this world. No one wants a doctor that throws their hands up and declares he can't help you and will not try. No thank you. We want a doctor who says they'll walk the journey with us and will be there with us every step, researching what to do and comforting us when needed. My eyes were opened as I read these posts. Everyone that walks through the church doors has a story. We're not there to ignore their story. Rejoice with those who rejoice and weep with those who weep. For those who have not felt welcomed, I'm so sorry. I'm thankful for a church that embraces everyone. Is it a perfect church? No and that's why I like it. It's filled with broken sinners journeying together. May we all welcome those who come into His home. Your actions may just help someone be welcomed into their eternal Home one day

 I used to detest Wal-Mart but then God gave me five children and a strict budget.

No comments: