Kids

Kids

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Life Part 9

 omeone's just a little bit excited about the package he just received! We hope to see y'all soon! — with Art-Jen Powell.

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes!! It means so much. I had a wonderful day! I slept late, talked with family and the most precious Grace Cornett, (she stole my heart the moment her mommy told me she was going to have a baby that December) Andrew took me to lunch and went shoe shopping with me, (he's going to bean incredible husband) shopped with the rest of the family, and finished off the day with watching Malificent (must buy it!) And Gremlins. (Eric and I are going g for the best parents award this year. Gremlins and National Lampoons Christmas. Sigh) And I can't forget my peanut butter cupcake! It was great hearing from all of our adopted kids. I love my life!! And I love that you're all in it!! Jesus, thank You for what You have blessed me with at this moment. On to Christmas at mom's tomorrow! (We rocked Peter's world when we said we weren't going to church!)



Whew! We're here! I've tried several times to access my blog and it doesn't like me right now. The plane ride was uneventful (well besides my dream that Mr. Ken Moore was our pilot and whenever turbulence started, he would fight off demons) for the first leg. We finally figured out what was going on in Shanghai (you're flight was cancelled, you don't have a seat, what?) and we arrived with our luggage and a guide met us as planned. Thank the Lord! We went to bed by 2 a.m. Today we toured our little surrounding area with our guide and another family then enjoyed our first Chinese meal with our new friends. It's been a great day! We're heading to bed (Aunt Jessica, please tell the boys we will call tomorrow and to look on WeChat) and tomorrow we get Elise! Thanks for updating everyone Chels!!


Testimony time: At lunch today, we still needed around $4200 (ok, maybe more) to be fully funded. We had asked some friends to specifically pray about what we needed over the last month. To travel, we need $4000 in our hands. When we woke up this morning we had $2000 and we have $4200 on the credit card for flights. At this moment, we have $4,150 in hand, $1,000 to go towards flights, and a promised $2000 more to towards our flights. We are $1200 away from being fully funded. How amazing is our God?! We are beyond excited! To whomever came over today and was our angel, THANK YOU! (You're also great at avoiding security cameras and barking dogs. wink emoticon!) We are in awe of how God answers! The devil has tried so hard to break us down this month but he has not succeeded! Please keep praying for us as we prepare to travel, especially this mom's nerves! We love you all and appreciate you more than you know!
P.S. Peter had a GREAT birthday!!!


Happy 12th birthday Peter!! You bring so much joy into our lives! You're silly, witty, crazy and fun. We love how much you love Jesus and we know He has great plans for your life. We're so thankful that God chose you for our family. And what a treat to celebrate all your birthdays with you now. We love you! (And no, he's not up yet family. Give him another hour. )

No comments: