Kids

Kids

Sunday, July 19, 2015

See Ya Later Party...

This lady is the BOMB! Her kids wanted to have a "SeeYaLater" party for 4 of us families who are moving, and she pulled it together. I'm not sure who all helped, but it was a wonderful turn out & a blessing to our family. Our family is loved!! Not only did we get to see our friends, laugh, eat, play...they circled all 4 families & covered us in prayer! Thank you, Aimee & ALL who helped make it happen & ALL who came!! ‪#‎whatawonderfullife‬ ‪#‎friendsarespecial‬ ‪#‎blessed‬

 I just returned home from a wonderful "See Ya Later" party for our daughter and several of our other CHEC teens that are moving. I read through many of your notes with tears in my eyes. We have been so blessed over the past 12 years by your friendships. Thank you Eric N Aimee for planning this party with your teens. We are going to miss y'all more than words can express!~Allison

 What a day! I must say I woke up thinking it would be bittersweet. Elise has been home six months and we adore her. She's so great. Yet she still misses China so much, understandably so. But when I told her it was 6 months, she was excited. Eric and I attended a Celebration of Life for a wonderful, Godly woman. Connie, along with two other wonderful women from my church, are the ones who planted the seeds for adoption in my heart years ago. Not because they preached it, but because they lived it. The celebration was beautiful and so...Connie. For those who did not know her, you missed out. Tonight we held a goodbye party for 4 wonderful families. (yes, you read that right...4) Oh, the thought of them leaving, I tear up. Yet I know God has big and mighty plans for these families to extend His kingdom for His glory. I am in awe of how God allowed this party to happen and for those who helped plan and brought things. The party was a success and I think everyone left happy. It's amazing how your life changes. The last two and a half years of our life have been all about change. I thought once Elise was home, we would get a break. Nope..God had some bigger changes in store. And that's ok. Because it's not about me. It's all about Him!! Thank you for doing life with us. We love you all so much!
 

No comments: