Kids

Kids

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Lewis Allen Scott

We (Andrew, Abi, & I) had the chance to visit my new nephew this weekend! He is adorable and so tiny! Lewis is already looking right at you when you talk to him and trying to smile. I just love it! My sister and her husband Franklin are doing great so far. Nothing stresses them, they just go with the flow. I am so proud of Jessi because she is trying very hard with the nursing even though there are a few obstacles. It was so hard to leave on Sunday. I wanted to stay and snuggle that sweet little one! I hope to get back up there in 3 weeks. My bil will be back at work at that point. He took off 6 weeks. Isn't that awesome?! I am so glad that he did because Jessi doesn't have any family around to help out.

The face of cuteness looking at me!

Taking a bath. Look how little he is!

Getting dressed for night night time. He loves himself in the mirror.

We tried so hard to get a good picture of the kids in the bluebonnets.

Some pretty bluebonnets we saw on the way home.


On the Friday night before we left, my 18 month old nephew Nathan gave us quiet a scare. My parents were keeping him and his little brother Jacob. (4 months old) My dad called around 12:30 a.m. ( so technically Saturday morning) asking if I could please come watch Jacob because Nathan was having trouble breathing. I was a bit confused. He then told me to hurry because the ambulance was about to leave with him. That got me moving! Nathan had a complex big-word-fever seizure. It lasted for about 15 minutes. His eyes had rolled back into his head, he started to foam at the mouth, and he was barely breathing. My mom started short breaths of CPR and my dad called 911. After a few hours at the hospital, they sent him home. The Dr.'s said it was fairly normal and he had an ear infection. That is one scary way to find that out. Please continue to pray for Nathan that this will not happen again.

3 comments:

TexasNeals said...

WHAT?!?!? i have NEVER heard of that kind of reaction to an ear infection!!! how terrifying for your poor parents! wow....SO glad he's alright. yikes.
your nephew is absolutely adorable, and i love the picture of your beautiful kiddos w/ the bluebonnets! :)

Anonymous said...

Oi. Parabéns pelo excelente blog. Gostaria de lhe convidar para visitar meu blog e conhecer alguma coisa sobre o Brasil. Maj Fabiano

Life with the Akin Clan said...

um what?