Kids

Kids

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Grace Day!

  • Today was a day to sleep late! And...I didn't. But that's ok. I am averaging about 5 hours of sleep each night and it works. Everyone else slept until 8 then we headed to breakfast. We made a quick dash to Aeon, the supermarket, and bought plane snacks and a few other Chinese snacks to bring home. We also found the DVD store and bought a few of those for $5 each. And they are new releases! We hope they work in America. They can be watched in Chinese or English and it's nice to have those with Elise and Peter.

    Then we were off to Shaimin Island! Shaimin Island is where all the adoptions used to take place in GZ. You stayed on the island, the consulate was there as well as the medicals. Everything has moved now but the shops are still there. It's quiet beautiful and there are many models there taking pictures throughout the day. Our guide told us that Grace had called and wanted to meet at Lucy's Cafe. We ran quickly there, got a table and there she was!!! We were so excited!!! We had a great time visiting over lunch, catching up on the last year. Lucy's serves American food. I thought I wanted french fries and then realized how gross I felt afters. Grace brought Abi a beautiful dress. Oh my, it's just breathtaking. Then we went to shop. Grace was there to help us negotiate. Shaimin Island will normally negotiate with you. But because there were so many foreigners on the island today, most would not do it. Grace could not believe what we paid for some items. HA! But to us, they were still great prices. We found one store that would negotiate with Grace and we were thrilled with those prices. We bought the items we had on our list then went to Starbucks to visit a bit more. We had more time to talk (after our daughter ran away. Sheesh!) and pray with Grace. Then it was 'see ya later'  time. It was just not enough time. But we are so happy we had the time we did.

    We came back to the hotel to pack, get our final paperwork and finalize our flights. We met Tracie, Tommie and Lillie for dinner at the dumpling and noodle place again. I am going to miss that place. It's SO good. We have enjoyed our time with this family so much. I wish we could pack them up and take them home with us. *SIdenote: I was sad when I found out my friend Lauren was traveling before us (well, estatic for her but sad for me ;-)!) because Lauren is real about adoption. She and Jenny have been my rocks since Peter came home. I can tell them things like, " i just want to beat her" and they know I love my child, I'm not going to really beat her and I'm just frustrated. They don't sugarcoat adoption or my feelings. And they're super hysterical. So I was looking forward to Lauren being here for those reasons. (Since Jenny thinks she has enough kids right now) We met Tommy and Tracie on our first day in Xi'An and have clicked since. It was an instant friendship and our girls bond has bonded us more. * After dinner we walked around, visited a few shops, (one with a red carpet rolled out. First sign..) bought another suitcase, and Tracie bought some awesome sparkly shoes. We took one more picture, had the girls hug, (They're clueless. I think) and hugged them just in case we don't see them tomorrow morning before we leave. Now one more phone with the boys, showers, and trying to get back on good ole' America time! Ok, I must admit, I did not buy one single souvenir for anyone but my children. Is that mean? There are so many we want to buy for but we already had to buy extra luggage to get what we bought home. And we didn't buy that much! Mainly reminders for our kids of their homeland. So know that I love you all very much even though I didn't buy you anything!

    Prayers:
    -I selfishly really want a nice plane with lots of movie option on the way home. It just makes the flight easier.
    -A smooth flight. With the plane and Elise. I'm not a fan of flying so.... Pray Elise obeys, understands and does great!
    -For new friends who will be on our flight. They have a bit of a situation and need some prayers!
    -For the transition once we're home. It's going to be a transition. It always is. We are taking a child from everything she's ever known. We think it's great, and it will be, but right now it's just hard. She's going to mourn deeply, just as Peter has. Pray we bond as a family and all grow closer to Christ and each other as we continue this journey.

    From what we're seeing weather wise, it may be cold and rainy tomorrow evening. We hope that does not keep people away! We do not mind if people need to wait in Eric's office but we do ask that you stay in there. I surely hope that doesn't come across rude! We really, really want to see you all and we want Elise to be excited!!! We will post as soon as we know our time and go from there. We cannot wait for you to meet our girl!!

    Thank you so much for following our journey!!! We cannot say thank you enough for your prayers, encouragement and love! The next time you see us we will be in the USA!!!!
  • Eric N Aimee One more add on request...please pray we get through immigration quickly and out of the airport very quickly. We hope to be on the road no later than 4:15 to avoid traffic. Please pray for this!
  • Tracie Hatfield We have had such a wonderful time with your family here in China! God knew what He was doing when He planned for us to meet! So grateful for the bonds our daughters will share and for our friendship to keep them connected! We will be in much prayer throughout the day tomorrow as you and the other family travels home!
  • Elizabeth Courtney Welcome home!!! Praying lots and lots!

No comments: