Kids

Kids

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Life Part 2

Seventeen years on this day, at this time, I was eating brunch at my family's table for the last time as Aimee Ledbetter. Five hours later I proudly became Mrs. Aimee Akin. I'm still in shock that Eric loved me enough to marry me and that he's stuck around. I've not made it easy! I look back at that young couple and think,"you thought you knew what this marriage thing was all about" and laugh. We had no idea! I'm thankful for the wonderful man God granted me as a life partner. His humbleness astounds me, his grace moves me and his love keeps me going. He walks the walk and exemplifies Christ every day to our family. Eric, thank you for loving me through it all! Happy Anniversary!!


"Be sober and alert. Your enemy the devil, like a roaring lion, is on the prowl looking for someone to devour. Resist him, strong in your faith, because you know that your brothers and sisters throughout the world are enduring the same kinds of suffering."
If we lived in a place where lions lived, we would make sure to always be on the lookout for them. And if we heard them roar, we would do anything to protect ourselves. Guys, we face a roaring lion every single day. The devil is constantly looking for someone, anyone. Be ready and alert. Prepare yourself each day for the battles you will face. Not may face, but will. Don't be the devils someone.
For years I didn't acknowledge the true struggles of my brothers and sisters around the world. Yes, our struggle here are real, they are hard. I'm not minimizing them. However, I've never had to flee into the night with my family in fear of our lives because we serve God. I've never sent my daughter's to school, had them kidnapped and sold into slavery. Let's make sure our heads are not in the sand concerning our brothers and sisters around the world. Be there for the believers here, love them, pray for them. But may we remember that the world He created for us is not just America.


"And, after you have suffered for a little we, the God of all grace who called you to His eternal glory in Christ will Himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. To Him belongs the power forever. Amen."
We're all going to suffer. It's unavoidable. Yet it's for a little while. Remember that little while is also God's timeframe, not ours. But praise Him, He, Himself, will restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish us. Y'all, when we have Jesus, our eternity is marked with a forever peace. We are weary, heavy laden, and burdened on this earth. We wonder when the trials will end. Here's your answer: when we reach eternity with Him. To some that's depressing but we cannot even comprehend eternity. Be encouraged that one day peace will reign and the things of this earth shall pass away. Until then, cling to Isaiah 41:10:
"Don't be afraid, for I am with you! Don't be frightened, for I am your God! I strengthen you- yes, I help you- yes, I will uphold you with My saving right hand!
Y'all, He's there! Don't ever doubt that. Have you trusted in Him? Do you trust that He holds your future?

 "In the same way, you who are younger, be subject to the elders. And all of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because God opposes the proud but gives Grace to the humble." 1 Peter 5:5
-Our world does not listen enough to the wise, Godly counsel our elders can give. Don't shut them out!
- You must choose to clothe yourself in humility or be opposed by God. Um, Ouch!! What are you choosing to dress yourself in today?

No comments: