Kids

Kids

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Exhausted

  • I'm not going to lie. Bonding is tough work. Bonding with a child that had a 'family', doesn't speak your language, and has all these emotions is very tough. I'm exhausted. Eric and Abi are troopers and I'm so thankful they are here. My compassion level and patience level today was zero. Nada. I couldn't speak so when she runs, I can't get her. The whining was driving me off the edge and all of the new parents witnessed me whining loudly in my child's face at the store today. I told them not to follow my example. ;-) She will be so happy and joyful, all is right with the world, then you remove her from a situation, don't buy her something and her life is over as she knows it. It's like having a 2 year old. Yes, I know this is normal. Yes, I know she's missing her family. Yes, I know she's confused. Yes, I feel very sorry for her. But when she's doing that, I just want to give her firm 'love tap.'

    But then we have the moment like we're having now. She's in the bathtub, playing with barbies, singing, running out of the bathtub with shampoo in her hair and she's just so darn cute. Or when we're walking down the road and she smiles that sweet smile up at me as she swings my hand. Or when she yells for jei jei (Abi) to play with her. There are good moments. I'm trying hard to focus on those.

    Enough of that...Today we shopped! And boy did we shop! When you know that you're child may never be back in their country again, you want to buy things to remind them of their home for the first 10 years of their life. We bought scrolls with their (hers and Peter's) gotcha days and China names, (and once again, I had no idea about my child's name. This time it was the meaning of Peter's China name. I surely hope I got it right) things for her room, and a bit more for our family that will be significant. Eric and made our 'big' purchase which we had saved for, a tea set and tea for our family. This is something we really wanted. We know using tea works for your overall health. I used ginseng tea this evening and it worked wonderfully! It's all cheaper than going to the doctor! ;-) Having these touches of two of our children's homeland is so important to them. We want them to embrace their birth culture and birth land. We want them to fully embrace their life with us also, as well as our Jesus, but to never be ashamed or forget where they were born and lived for 10 years.

    We also visited an ancient temple which was a replica of Jackie Chan's great grandparents home. (Cue the moans from Peter since he didn't get to see this) It was beautiful!! We would have loved to look more but someone had a little breakdown. I can't stand when Abi acts that way. ;-) We rested a bit this afternoon, then Abi, Elise and I visited some shops around the hotel. Elise did awesome at first then lost it. We dragged her back whining. Then we dragged her to dinner, ate a pricey meal, (that's what you get for not asking first. We learned our lesson!) and then dragged her back whining. Now she's screaming, "MOMMY!" from the bathtub so I must wrap this up.

    The zoo is tomorrow! We hope your day is filled with great worship for our Lord and rest!

    Happy Birthday Brittany!!!

    Loving Him,
    Aimee
  • Tracie Hatfield We feel ya! You guys are awesome and are doing a great job. We have been so blessed to be able to walk this journey with you over the past week! Love your girl! We look forward to watching her blossom!
  • Pat Motzko Great updates, brings back lots of memories! Praying for you all!
  • Eric N Aimee Tracie, we are so thankful for you and Tommy! It's been so nice to have y'all here. I have no idea what we're going to do on Thursday when we say goodbye! We're going to miss y'all!! Pat, I'm sure you understand!!!
  • Allison Banks Wooden I look forward to reading your updates everyday. We miss you all terribly, but we are happy to hear things are going well. Love your honesty!
  • Meredith Pope White I'm praying!!!! Some how this sounds so familiar??? You can do it! Praying friend.
  • Debbie Langley Paden I'm enjoying reading your posts everyday! Maybe you should keep this up after you get home.
  • Connie Hellmuth Oh Aimee. I can feel this in my gut. Praying for you all. Thanks for sharing!
  • Cheryl Fortier We continue to pray for you! Love reading your updates and learning more how to pray.
  • Carol Rempel There are SOOOOO many emotions that go into your situation, dear girl! Praying more for each of you!!
  • Tiffany Blake Owen Praying for you sister! Mommy is a good sign you're honesty is beautiful!
  • Eric N Aimee Thank you all so much for your prayers and support! It means more than you know!! It helps to be with some many other families here going through similar emotions. And the mommies that are here by themselves! My heart is sad!! They are really missing t...See More
  • Elana 'Brown' Watson some wise words from an awesome friend of mine. Remember this too shall pass, and when it does you will look back and see God's hand holding you. Your on the home stretch of your long awaited journey. Press on my good friend! smile emoticon

No comments: