Kids

Kids

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Life Part 5

I've been so sad recently because a close friend of mine had not met Elise. We've both been so busy and I was upset with myself that I had not taken the time to make this happen. Today was the day! We were dropping off brownies to my friend in a parking lot. I was so excited! I prepped Elise as we got out of the car and was downright giddy. My friend greeted her like they've known each other for weeks. She has known her for weeks. She's her world cultures teacher at our co-op. Yep, I'm that good. ‪#‎momfail‬. ‪#‎friendfail‬

 Happy Chinese New Year! We had a great celebration with our family. The food was incredible, but the people were even better. Thank you so much Jessica, my most favorite sister, who came and helped us get ready. I love having a sister because she just walks in and gets to work. She knows exactly what to do because we have done this for many, many years together. Thank you to our family for making our Chinese babies feel so special! We love you all and are so incredibly blessed by you all. We missed those of you who couldn't join us us! Chels Akin, Carol Ledbetter, Sharon Weir Mirick. Al Mirick, Christopher Ledbetter, Brandy Akin, Tommy Pender. Jaxon Pender, Joan Melton ,Aunt KK

 Ten Things I've learned with 5 kids, 4 at home:
1. Paper plates are expensive. I have 4 'dishwashers' so we are going to use real plates.
2. The bathrooms do not have to be cleaned every day. They just need to learn to aim better. And I'm not talking just toilet talk. Spit happens but come on. Wipe out the sink!
3. There are lots of great documentaries on Netflix that can be used for science and history curriculum. And if mom doesn't preview it, we have interesting discussions.
4. Jeans can be worn 3 times. Heck, an entire week if you use downy spray on them to freshen them up.
5. 10 yr. old girls can do your makeup very well.
6. Having an adult child rocks. She is the cool one who meets us on Wednesday, says basically the same thing mom says about behavior but it's cooler coming from her.
7. We can no longer eat out, even for ice cream, unless we have a gift card or they pay for it. It costs $30 just for fro yo. What the what?
8. I am not as anal as I used to be about matching clothes and shoe choices. I may try to convince you to change but it's honestly not always worth the fight. If it bothers you, you are more than welcome to come help me out. wink emoticon
9. It takes 3 lbs. of chicken and/or fish to feed us. That's a lot food.
10. We are blessed beyond words. Our hands may be full but our hearts are much fuller! I love our life!


 Elise says,"yo, yo, yo!"
 

No comments: